About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

What's A Christmas Without Second Chances?

Sometimes the worst part about life is losing relationships you cherish. You look back and wish you would have done some things differently even if things were beyond your own control. In a split second, you could have done this, or you could have done that. Rethinking the moments, they roll through your mind like an automobile accident wrecking into a tractor trailer in a severe thunderstorm. It’s like a horror film that never stops playing. I truly believe you should not live with regrets, but that does not mean you will forget what went wrong.

I accompanied a friend this week to see the movie Fighter. I am a guy who just lives for and absorbs the hopes of a Rocky Balboa equivalent. I love to think that we all get second chances in life. Christmas rolls around at a certain times, and you are almost instantaneously reminded of broken relationships or perhaps restored relationships from broken relationships in the past. Christmas is either the best time of year for people or the worst time of year depending on what people remember. This has been kind of a rough year for me. And so this year I have been remembering the good with the bad. I remember, analyze, and try my best to rely on God, but the memories just keep rolling through my mind like a bad nightmare.

I believe this is the best time when God shows up for second chances. Babies are born in mangers, and a Messiah is delivered into the world that changes everything for the rest of history to come. You are broken in surrendering to Jesus, and all you can do is spread arms for the everlasting love that a Savior brings into Bethlehem.

All his life Mickey Ward, depicted by Mark Wahlberg, in the movie Fighter was given a bad hand of cards over and over again as a boxer getting raw deal after raw deal. Finally as a late bloomer God shows up and gives Mickey a second chance and blessed opportunity in a championship match that purposively came his way to bring glory to God. As we all face a new year, let’s make 2011 the year of second chances. Let’s aim for higher heights because when you are down on your knees reverently begging God for mercy the only way to go is up. You move upwards because God lifts you in the cradle and palm of his hand. You fall down, but you get up again because that is sometimes all we can do. We fall to pick ourselves back up again.

I have been learning recently to simplify things. Before in life, I had thousands of goals and still do to an extent. But this year I am focusing on three goals that will overall affect my spirituality. I am giving my all to God to do these three things. This is not my usual “lose ten pounds” goal that no one ever lives up to. These are things that will make not only a difference in my life but also a difference in the lives of people around us.

I am building a foundation because this is my year for second chances. This is my year to bring Glory to God. We can make a difference if we seek to. Know that we worship a God who gives a fresh opportunity with each new day. When New Year’s Day rolls around, realize a fresh beginning has been given. Like Mickey Ward and James Cartee, you may be the champion with a second chance to make things right and to change the world for the betterment of Christ. You do have a second chance after all. And that is something we can truly be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment