About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Thursday, August 11, 2011

My Happiness Project - Seven Things I Am Committing To for 21 Days

As I now work immersed in the corporate world of proprietary education, I have learned a great deal about what it is like to labor in an environment with somewhat rigid guidelines. One major personal development that we must all face is this: you must let the small things go! You must be careful to pick your battles. And some of the things we get so easily upset about end up really not being that big of a deal anyway. There are so many things/lessons in life that we cannot control. If God is teaching me anything right now - it is that! He is in control! I am not! It sounds so simple, but if you are a believer in Jesus Christ, you know that many of us spend a lifetime handing our lives over to His control.

I recently purchased a book called The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin. I will not go so far as to say that the book is changing my life (not just yet at least), but it has spurred this twenty-one day improvement adventure I about to embark upon. There is a list of seven small goals I would like to accomplish everyday for the next twenty-one days starting now.

Church of the Highlands is currently implementing 21 Days of Prayer - this is my version of that discipline but application taken from the book, The Happiness Project. In this journey, I will also be writing a blog entry for everyday that I have ready access to the web for those of you who want to keep up with my progress. I am happy to say that on the first day I am seven for seven – accomplishing each of the seven tasks listed below.! As I embark on this 21 day journey, I will archive how well I do on these seven goals in addition to explaining why I have enjoyed this book, why it is becoming a special piece of literature to me as I seek to self-improve my life and my relationship with God.

  1. Floss everyday.

  2. Read God's Word, two chapters, like Booker T. Washington once did.

  3. Pray for the blessings of others, expanding my territory (Prayer of Jabez).

  4. Writer everyday, hence the blog entries.

  5. Eat healthy with an occasional sweet – today I had fat free yogurt.

  6. Memorize Scripture.

  7. Enjoy listening to music – really listen, relax, and enjoy it.

While these might seem like really small trivial things, change does in fact come one step at a time – you will see that writing about it will indeed keep me accountable because I am publicly and honestly putting myself out there.



No comments:

Post a Comment