About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Want to know some Christ-centered Spanish? Let's save together...

Today I went to Church of the Highlands en Espanol service at the Riverchase Campus in Pelham, Alabama. I did not understand a lot of the Spanish language utilized in the sermon, but it was awesome to once again be immersed in a culture other than my own. Towards the end of my undergraduate career at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, I went to a Deaf church, and at that point in time, I was unfamiliar with sign language in any element of being close to fluency as I am now. By the time I graduated, I was much more familiar with the language than when I originally started. I could understand main points in the sermon conducted in American Sign Language.

Perhaps the same will occur if and when I get involved in a Spanish speaking service in Auburn. I enjoyed the fellowship because it was evident that this body of believers loved Christ. In recent days, I have had difficulty finding any type of salvation talk in Spanish for English-native speakers to utilize and learn on the Internet. I suppose you could translate word for word a hypothetical conversation you might have with someone, but I personally prefer just asking a native speaker myself. On this post you will find a conversation I had with a member of the church. He was generous enough to give me permission to post this MP3 on my BLOG and my Podcast. If you are seeking to introduce someone to Jesus in the Spanish language, perhaps you will find this sound clip as useful and as exciting as I do. While traveling, I will put the clip on my IPOD to practice such a conversation if it were to take place in real life during my travels in South America.

I leave on Tuesday, and I am so excited I can hardly stand it! While traveling can be tiresome, it can also be relieving when you are on your own time table without the pressures of a chaotic American schedule to follow. I will have the ready, everyday use of my cell phone, and I will update this BLOG regularly. Keeping a journal and/or BLOG is pleasurable for me. I like for people who wish to do so to keep up with me. A BLOG is an excellent way to communicate things that may occur while traveling across a continent.
If you are seeking a good group of people to learn a little Spanish from and go to church with, then please consider the Riverchase campus at Church of the Highlands. They may even invite you to share a picnic with chicken fingers, ice cream, and coke as they did with me today. I did not need to necessarily be accepted as an outsider because as a brother in Christ, I was accepted as is. It was an amazing afternoon and an amazing experience. I also now have a Spanish Bible to share the gospel with as well.

If you would like, click below to hear me butcher the Spanish language as I learn to speak about the salvation of an incredible Savior! You might get a few laughs out of my native English-speaking tongue when I try to roll R’s and obviously can’t (at least not just yet).

!CLICK HERE TO LISTEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment