About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Monday, August 10, 2009

The girl from Buenos Aires…

I have not mentioned this particular individual more to respect her privacy, but I cannot help but now write about her after what she did for me in Buenos Aires. Of course, for privacy reasons, I will not disclose her name. We will just name her Katie for the sake of this blog entry.

When I arrived to Buenos Aires, Katie was there to receive my entrance to this magical city that pivots on the idea of tango-sexiness and wonders. The only problem was that she was at the wrong hostel or hotel when I arrived. I accidentally emailed her with the wrong web address for a hostel that had a very similar name to where I was staying. Nevertheless, the next day she was very gracious in forgiving me for my own stupid mistake.

I arrived on Thursday, and Katie had arranged a get-together, small party with her friends to introduce me to some of her closest friends. Her family opened their doors to my visit, but of course I did not stay with the family for “old-fashioned” reasons that I respect and consider a dying fashion in our accelerated society of liberalism where families are no longer concerned in the deciding factors of dating relationships. Perhaps fathers are meant to have an input to truly protect the hearts of loved daughters. I am very grateful that the family was so willing to have me in their house so that I could enjoy the company of polite, nice people.

Earlier that day I had gone to visit the Rigoletto Cemetery, which is approximately five city blocks in totality. It is huge in concerns for the bodies of those who should be held sacredly in their rest beds. The cemetery also contains the body of Eva Person, known more popularly as Evita. The cemetery was one of the most beautiful manmade creations I have ever seen, especially in respect to sculptures and casket enclosures. Some of the statues took my breath away as I walked around the cemetery in awe and inspiration.

On Saturday, Katie and I went to an exhibition for the Star Wars movies (with models of the space shuttles, costumes, art, and more items used in the movies…awesome for actual Star Wars fanatics like myself), an art museum, the Evita museum (I was interested in her livelihood and legend of which I am still learning more about as I have returned home, doing more research), some Botanical Gardens in Palermo, and did some shopping for crafts and gifts for friends back home. That night we went to a tango show, which I would compare it to the equivalent of a Broadway show in New York City, just with better dancing. The show was concentrated mostly on dancing, singing, movie epilogues, and small portions on dialogue. It was a show meant to concentrate on the background and celebration of this beautiful form of dancing.

On Sunday, Katie and I went to Tigre, a small town about fifty kilometers from Buenos Aires where there is one of the largest weekend markets in northern Argentina and a delta (Nature Preserve) that is one of the largest in the world. Katie and I also spent some time together Monday night before I left Tuesday afternoon eating dinner and just enjoying each other’s company.

Katie spent all her free time making me feel welcome in her home city, and I could not let that go unrecognized. She also planned that little arrangement of friends for me to meet once I got there. Much like the people in Peru and Bolivia, it was just incredible to be greeted by such kindness, politeness, and a willingness to make my stay in BsAs so enjoyable.

If you do in fact visit some of these beautiful places, I hope you also experience the friendliness of the people and culture wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment