About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My first day on the job

Today I went to work at a Deaf school. I was surprised to find out that the teachers are only paid for three days a week. Therefore, they do not show up sometimes the other two days of the week. Of course, this might be because they need to earn a living by having another job. I also was shocked to find that there are only two Deaf schools in the entire country of Bolivia. There appears to be a negative sentiment among the Bolivian people towards the President. I do not really know enough about the matter, but he may be causing more problems than he is helping. For instance, today I saw many disabled people on strike stopping traffic on the main avenue of the city. They would literally sit down in the middle of the road so that cars could not utilize the road. From my perspective, I did not necessarily see this as the most productive way of protesting, but then again there may not be other productive ways to get the President’s attention if he does nothing.

I helped assist in teaching the Deaf students today only to find out I would be teaching them by myself tomorrow. If you feel like jumping in, I guess you could say that is exactly what I am doing. I am very pleased to find that American Sign Language is very similar to Bolivian sign language. Therefore the transition to speak with the students has been much less difficult than I anticipated. In addition to working in the Deaf school, I shadowed and/or attended a yoga session for people with disabilities this morning. I am going to join the yoga session once more on Wednesday. I have never really done yoga before, but I think it would be useful in improving one’s relationship with God. Perhaps that is something to think about if you are seeking some new physical activity to practice breathing and relax a little bit.

Listen in to find out more specifics about my journey thus far in Bolivia.

Click here to hear the beginning of my tour in Bolivia!

No comments:

Post a Comment