About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

New podcast for your listening pleasure…

Frankly, I have not been able to post my podcasts because I have not had access to fast technology that would sufficiently download the sound files without taking three hours for one five megabyte file. South America, or Peru and Bolvia in general, are nice if you are looking to slow down, but sometimes there is not much convenience when trying to utilize technology here or perhaps when you are trying to find Ziplock bags. As I told a new amigo here recently, I miss my Wal-Mart, the center of convenience in modern day America.

The following podcast is a brief description of the Bolivian family I am staying with. Every member of the family has their special place in each unique role of the household. For instance, the mother just made me feel welcome by offering me some manta tea and informing me that I am welcome to come back anytime I would like with future trips. I must admit that while inconvenience in South America is very annoying I have met some very good people here. The families I have stayed with have almost made my stay worthwhile by itself. As you listen, you will hear that there are seven people within this household (both parents, three children-two sons and one daughter, and a niece and nephew). The kids just had a month of vacation time. As they start back to school this week, they procrastinated until the last minute to finish vacation break’s projects for various classes. Because they have done so, the night is becoming a very late one as I add to my BLOG entries. Some stress is added to the situation as family members grow tired with pressing deadlines similar to my thirty page papers in graduate school that I stay up all night writing.

I have discovered that there is so much to do in La Paz that one may even say it is ridiculous. I am having a hard time deciding what exactly to do because there is so much to see and do. In terms of climbing, this is an adventurers place and dream come true. I would guess this is a good problem to have. On Thursday, I am headed down the “World’s Most Dangerous Road.” In all seriousness, an Englishman died about two months ago on the trek, but I am not sure he was using the most cautionary maneuvers….in other words using brakes the entire way down the mountain. I am hoping my mother does not read this entry until I am finished because as every mother should she will be freaking out because she just loves me so much.

Click here to hear about my new wonderful family!

No comments:

Post a Comment