About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

The Next Stage in Life….An Interesting Prediction!

So I have been exploring and trying to understand God’s move of the chess piece of the next stage in my life. Honestly I believe the enemy smiles at me saying “Check mate” when I am caught in my own doubts of disbelief. Most of you know that I have been working on this book idea, and while trying to convince others I have in the process continually been trying to convince myself as well.

I want to be a writer. I want to meet Donald Miller, author of Blue Like Jazz. I want to sign with Thomas Nelson and Company. And if all went to its best successes, I would love to be on the New York Times best seller list. That is obviously with an appearance on Opera a best case scenario, but you must also be content with a worst case scenario. That might be that Mom and Dad become my two best enthusiasts as they become devoted fans of the James Cartee Book Club on Facebook now growing with twenty-nine members strong. So in addition to Mom and Dad, I have twenty-nine other people that are supporting me….some I have talked to recently….some I have not talked to in several years. So that is definitely a start.

Whether this comes to fruition or not, I have recently felt like God has been calling to travel to see what could possibly be a new friend’s house in Detroit Lakes, Minnesota. Let’s call this new friend Joe for the sake of privacy as if this is an original title for a name. I have been told by many that Joe has the gift of prophetic visions, and after hearing so many stories that quite frankly were and are really cool (like him foretelling stories, personality attributes, and spiritual gifts about people he doesn’t even know), I must say that I am believer in this guy. Hence this might also explain the interest and not just a calling to visit him. I think I could learn a thing or two from his journey with Jesus.

I have been trying to get in touch with Joe for the past two or three weeks. I have left him several voicemails. One day I literally felt a little nudge from God’s Spirit on my shoulder to call Joe. So I did one more time expecting to get his voicemail, but he answered.

I must admit that after thinking about it for more minutes than I care to say it was one of the most interesting conversations I have had over the phone. With his gift of prophetic predictions, I figured I would ask him to pray for me to ask God about my future and what I was supposed to do with my life. He answered without much hesitation. I will tell you what he said in a nutshell.

Joe mentioned that I would not write only one book but several in a “series.” You might say that prediction overwhelmed me a little. Then he said something about the Spirit of the Lord….that he often felt the Spirit upon others but that it was especially strong in my case more so than he had felt in a long time. Joe mentioned that God would bless me in whatever I did. He described certain personality traits about me….realize he has never met me and that this conversation is taking place over the phone. Joe gave me some great spiritual advice about the peace of God as well….that I should listen to an artist by the name of Brother Keith Moore (http://archiveserver.morelifenow.org/music/index.php) and his music would fill my body like the Spirit of God in a peace filling sensation more specifically with the last CD compilation on this website. You can download it for free if you are really curious….it sounds like Christian old school folk music, and I do not mean Lauryn Hill style. Joe also mentioned that I would learn to mold the tool of the voice I heard when I called him….the little nudge that I felt from God’s Spirit I mentioned earlier. I was almost to the point of tears in shock at what he said. With eight minutes he foretold more things than anyone has perhaps has ever told me in my spiritual walk with the Lord. It was amazing and scary all at the same time!

Please understand that I do not write to brag about Joe’s prediction on my life. I write about it to share something interesting on where I am at in a crossroads with my life. I have never met this guy, and I am seriously thinking about just driving up to Minnesota to spend time with him in his household, to grow in my faith in relationship with Christ, and to obviously write about what transpires. When God yanks on the chords of your tenderloin insides you just feel it. You do not know why you should do something. Sometimes you just do it in obedience. As I pray this is what my spiritual gut tells me. Even as I write it feels right if that makes any sense whatsoever. This is why I write this blog entry….maybe in case I get a reply from one of you as my readers….to make sure I do not sound crazy….or if I do sound crazy that might be kind of cool too because I have been known to do some crazy things in my day. I believe there is a time and season for everything in life. This is a temporary move I felt that has been placed on the chess board, and in faith it may be a move I am about to take. Your thoughts and comments are encouraged by all means. As usual if you read this in its entirety thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment