About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Company unheard in complaining instead of thanking (An interesting birthday dinner).…

So I had some company over tonight. For at least two hours if not three I heard my family and a few good friends talk about politics more specifically surrounded around healthcare. Please understand that I do not mind the political talk but when it sounds like a bunch of children arguing over a Tonka truck in a sandbox I get somewhat irritated. I hear people complain and complain and complain. It does not matter if George W. Bush, Bill Clinton, or Obama are in office. People are going to complain.

I have been fortunate enough in my lifetime to live and I mean really live. I have gotten to go on quite a few adventures. And the newest adventure may be the Northwest to live in Portland, Oregon in search of some of my now new favorite authors. As I write I am also seeking guidance on how to write, what to write, and defining what writing culture is amongst Christina Inspirational genre citizens. I am the type of guy that thrives on enthusiasm. People take the wind from beneath my wings when they live in NegativeTown all day long. I cannot handle pessimism. I do not live in NegativeTown. I live in PositiveTown, and citizens of PositiveTown focus on the positive things in life where the glass is half full.

If you continue to see things in a negative light naturally you are going to become pessimistic doing so because all you do is think negatively. So not all of us like Obama….big deal! As long as I can remember as an American, there has always been someone who hated the President, but that does mean that complaining and downright insulting the President is going to fix anything. I am a big fan of not complaining about things you cannot change. If you would like to see change, then be the change you wish to complain about all the time.

Take a trip to Never NeverLand and do something about it. The funny thing is we were supposed to be kind of celebrating my birthday tonight with a late party (my real birthday was July 19th) with good family tidings. It did not feel much like a birthday. In fact there did not seem much to be thankful about at least in the company I was in. If you focus on all the things that are wrong with this country you are not going to see the good things because all you focus on is the bad things. So for the birthday boy at least tonight doom and gloom was discussed more than the fact that I lived one more year to be around people I care about more than life itself. I am glad it was not Thanksgiving because as many Americans are you probably would have experienced that some people are not positively grateful. They would rather complain and whine before giving thanks for the obvious blessings in their life. To say the least my birthday night was not as refreshing as I had pictured it to be. Next time I may have to think about a guest list full of happy-go-lucky people (nonpolitical types) that I invite so that it is obvious that the scenery around us really is beautiful. It is just whether you choose to see it or not. Take a breath. Stare at the stars. And at least for a minute you will forget about whom the President is and whether you hate him or not. Respect the man in charge. Agree to disagree. Move on. And you might find that things are not as bad your complaints make them out to be. At least that is my take on things. This birthday boy’s wishes are looking real good because I choose to positively see them that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment