About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Monday, August 30, 2010

Day 14 – Productiveness at its Best

Yesterday I spoke with a friend who agreed to help me redesign this blog. The conversation lifted my spirits. On the other hand I have been discouraged by a few of my family members which really surprised me. A musician I know once told me this: “The criticism just adds fuel to my furnace to work harder and achieve something greater.” In other words, he soaks up encouragement but uses criticism as a form of positive energy to move forward. That is the train of thought I am trying to keep in mind.

A stranger….someone I do not even know….joined my book club on Facebook and sent me a private message of encouragement. I thought it was unbelievable how God uses people all over Social Media to affect people’s lives and impact them to do some amazing things.

Today I submitted five pieces to the Burnside Collective (three poems, one art critique, and one essay). Some of the pieces I have been working on for awhile but others I just recently put together. Remember just because I submit something does not mean it will be accepted. I also drafted some sketches for the blog, scanned them, and sent them to my friend who is going to take a look at that stuff for me. I drew sketches because it would have taken me much longer to do those things on Adobe InDesign.

For some reason, I thought this process was going to be an easy one, maybe not totally easy, but not as hard as it has been. Being or in my case attempting to be a writer is really hard work. Right now I live in Birmingham at home. I really do not know too many people. So I spend a good bit of time at the computer just typing. It definitely feels like an upward battle. Sometimes I forget to just enjoy it. I am writing because I like to write not because I have to. I think in the process of writing this book I have somehow forgotten that. The writing became chore. It became a job. Writing is so much more than that! A piece of literature can change people’s lives, especially those in the faith of God. I just need to remember who I am writing this for. Is it for me? Or is it for Him?

Even without the call to be a great writer, I have to be content with that. I have to be content with the small time (not the big time so to speak…becoming nationally known). While I long to help people in overwhelming masses, that may not be God’s intention for me right now. But I do believe God is at work. The journey is one step at a time, one day at a time. Anything big anyone has ever done usually required a little time and a little sacrifice. I just need to keep in mind that I do get to this, something I love. It is a blessing! For this brief moment in my life, I get to try something a little different. I should be grateful and even motivated despite what others say. Fuel the energy. Move forward. Praise God. And give Him the Glory that He is due!

No comments:

Post a Comment