About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

How far does the bunny hole reach?

I just spent at least six hours writing letters to Donald Miller, author of Blue Like Jazz, in hopes that just one of the three addressed envelope I wrote will reach his hands. In the meantime while trying to finish up my new FedEx run I get a text from one of my buddies that he is soon getting engaged. Do you ever feel like you are sitting still kind of like in one of those Matrix fight action scenes? You feel like everything around you is moving, but you are sitting in the middle of the room while all these great things are happening around you to other people. I am thankful to be at home. Please do not understand my stillness as irreverence for not having to live on the streets. I have definitely been getting some writing done. I have learned that writing is a work in progress sort of business. At least I have not been able to just sit down and write a book overnight. I think I will soon have around 100 pages double-spaced typed. Of course only ten of those pages might ever make it to print.

I have been hoping to move to Portland sometime in September to work with Miller among other popular Christian inspirational authors in the state. I have been eagerly trying to wait upon God for any open doors that might open. I definitely do not sit idle twiddling my thumbs as I try to find things to do. I write A LOT. I read A LOT. I just finished another book today. Many people know the familiar and short text in Psalm 46:10: “Be still and know that I am God.” I know who God is. I am just having trouble with that sitting still part. The creative juices are flowing, but I tend to be one that likes a plan. There really is no plan here. While trying to be proactive simultaneously with waiting on God I am just kind of floating here like I am in the Matrix. I just have not found a white rabbit to chase down the bunny hole. I look forward to the day when the white bunny stands before me so we can see just how far the bunny hole reaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment