About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 15 – Another record for the books….

The more I write, the easier it gets. Now that might sound a little ordinary. Practice makes perfect, but perhaps the old truism remains true. I finished what would be a sixth chapter in the order of things. I cannot say for sure that there will remain six chapters once I finish writing all I want to say. The organization of the book in different drafts and edits might change and most likely will. I am sure there are many more edits, drafts, and changes to be made. The important thing is that progress is being made. I was reminded today that you have to look at the work you have overall done, not what you think is left to do. This frame of mind will quickly squash anyone’s will if you think about everything that has to be done in life. It will suck the life right out of you! When I first started these thirty-two days, I wanted to have a complete manuscript sometimes working ten or eleven hours. That final goal has changed. I just want to enjoy the work. If I continue with overkill, it really does take all the joy out of what I am doing. I think there is no peace when there is no joy and vice versa. That is a dynamic truth I am still learning more and more about every day. While many consider this a break from life because “I do not have a real job,” I am enjoying it. I get to be around those who love me most. I get to do something I have always wanted to do. I finally slept last night which was great! My dog, King David, had a tumor which was successfully surgically removed today. Maybe my sister should write about that? I would consider it a general health update of a family member. For those of you who do not get the joke, Ayden, my nephew, has been through much adversity of his own. I have only seen from a distance what his life is like through my sister’s blog and his continual hospital visits. I will say this I never thought I would get tired of seeing someone’s picture. I am tired of seeing his. It is true, but he is healthy. And I am grateful for that. Today was a good day….two healthy family members (a tumor removed and a beating heart), a completed chapter, and what will soon be a hot shower and devotion before bed. God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment