About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Day 16 – Switch It Up!

Tonight I volunteered with our youth ministry at Church of the Highlands, which is called Switch, and this evening was the first service in their new youth wing. The building and the technology is really a blessing from the Lord. Highlands has it really good! I have been trying to get plugged in more since I have been home. Sometimes people feel disconnected from church communities because they never try to connect. That has often been the case in my life as I love to church hop, place to place, really never calling anywhere home. Mark Pettus delivered a rocking message! I felt like I was in a locker room before a big football game, like Rudy was about to come out through the tunnel at Notre Dame University. Then of course I got to sack the quarterback as well. Like a good Auburn football game, I enjoyed the ministry experience.

I slept a good bit today. I have found myself rather tired the last few days, not down just tired. God has been teaching me to rely on Him 100%, completely. I think as Christians, at least I myself, tend to try and control everything. Sometimes all you can do is book a plane ticket and fly to where God might be calling you. It is like Shane Claiborne’s experience with Mother Teresa. He somehow was able to get the saint on the phone with a number he got from a random Catholic church. When he realized it was her, he asked what he was going to do. Where would they stay? She just told him to come. I think the Lord would like us to take the same attitude. Come in the moment as you are. Live in the moment as you are. God will take care of the future moments if you just take care of the present moments.

The message tonight was about seizing the moment. It reminded of that time when I saw Eminem blow Pop-A-Doc away in the final battle of the movie 8 Mile. At least in the movie’s depiction, it appears that Eminem did not have an easy road to success but none of us do most of the time. Those who encounter “luck” are one in like five million or some crazy stat like that I heard John Maxwell say one time. Here is the theme living as a faith-walker: Do not settle on being average. Be great! Do not take the easy way out, sitting down to watch your favorite television program every single night and then going to bed to get up the next day only to be a couch potato again the very next day. As the Passion conferences impel, do something now! Maybe I am not changing the world just yet with my writing, but at least I choose to stay the course. I write on this blog on almost a daily basis whether anyone reads it or not because I believe one day thousands of people will. I do not say this to sound arrogant but rather instead to show how God works through me. I have a story that will educate, inspire, and encourage others with similar struggles. While at one time, I might have thought my life was ending. Tonight I was reminded that even at twenty-eight years of age my life is just beginning. God created a great masterpiece in all of us. Do you choose to paint the canvas or would you rather just stare at it?



No comments:

Post a Comment