About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Meeting Francine Rivers….

I just went to a book store here in Birmingham for signing with Francine Rivers. If you are unfamiliar with her literature, then that might mean you need to read more. One of her most famous novels is Redeeming Love. An old girlfriend of mine had me read the book after she said I needed to treat her better. The book changed my dating perspective forever!

Mrs. Rivers offered some sound advice. First, she told me to embrace rejection because it was likely in the publishing field after I informed her that I am working on my first book.

I mentioned the name of another famous author who openly writes and talks about her own disability. She recently was arrested due to some poor decisions based on her medical addictions. Secondly, Mrs. Rivers mentioned that we all have addictions and that my addiction should be seeking God constantly on my knees in prayer. My only acceptable should be my love and obsession for Jesus Christ.

Thirdly, Mrs. Rivers signed her book with Deuteronomy 6:5, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.” I think that is a life lesson to take home to the house. With you love God with everything you have, any dream is possible, even signing to traditionally publish a book of your very own. Never give up! Never stop fighting! Never lose heart! And never stop loving the Lord of your life, Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment