About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 10 – Be Still.

Today may have been a tipping point for me and my writing. As I was about to gear up and edit some chapters this morning, God said, “Be still with me,” kind of like spending time with him but on a different level of Spirit-filled intensity. This type of meditation is really focused on the peace of God and seeking the meaning of that idea through Scripture, through sitting still, and being sure I do not focus on the next moment. For me it helped enjoy the moment with God. That is a huge lesson I have been disciplining myself to focus on….living in this moment right now as I write this blog entry. I concern myself so much with tomorrow that I forget about today. Before I go to bed, I will take a few more minutes to sit still in peace as I listen to the beautiful voice of Christy Nockels in a few of her songs.

I have learned that writing is a very busy business. I think that it becomes so busy sometimes that it is easy to forget significant areas of life, including this idea that encompasses the Stillness of God. I read on the Internet today that in Solomon’s Temple meditation was a regular practice. Many Christians often think that meditation has to deal only with Eastern religions, such as Hinduism, Buddhism, or Taoism, but I do not think anything could be farther from the truth. Meditation and more specifically prayer time in stillness creates centeredness with peace in our lives. The ability to go and to stop mentally on command is where one type of peace exists. You must be still so that your mind focuses on God’s character and the peace we should attain through His Spirit and those peaceful moments.

I did not work on anything other than this blog entry in regards to the book today. God is teaching me to be still so that I do not freak out in anxiety over really dumb things in life. Controlling stress, anxiety, and fear is something I hope God teaches me to master through “acknowledging His ways” so that “I do not lean on my own understanding.” I am always trying to figure everything out, the key to the puzzle….where does it fit? If you are able to enjoy the moment in stillness wherever you may be, I guarantee you will be far ahead of the person who has never slowed down long enough to realize what that is. No, I did not work today. I listened to God and remained still so he could do some much needed personal work on my heart in quality time spent with Him. I would say that is something no one can take away from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment