About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

D’Artagnan I Am


I have recently been lifted by three amazing authors and what I believe are becoming three amazing friends. They are much older and wiser than me, and they deal with me! I have made some stupid remarks and mistakes for that matter, but they have still stand by me. Now I am writing bigger and better than ever. I hope to have a full manuscript with three more book proposals in the spring. I am not quite sure where all four books will sign, but I am confident they will be published. My agent will decide where they go from there. They are all good ideas, but someone told me to focus on the writing and only the writing. If the books are not with only one publisher, then I will sign the first two and save two for later use. I am only one person after all.

If you remember in the movie, D’Artagnan was the stupid, foolish one, but he saved the king in the end large in part because of his stupid and foolish behavior. His passion fueled his unique rebellious of getting into trouble but also being delivered from trouble. I am young, foolish, and stupid in some of the things, but at the same time I am bold enough to do them. I am bold enough to live big. I am bold to try and live the dream. What is funny about all of this is I am.

My first book of 23 poems and 23 photographs will be published in March. I already have a signing set up at the Gnu’s Room April 23 with a root beer keg party to follow that night with more signings. I am excited about this! I did not sign with a major publisher, but I am still getting my name out there. I took the best of both worlds, self-publishing and traditional publishing, and decided to do both. Now if that is stupid and foolish I would like to know who thinks so.

So consider me D’Artagnan. I am constantly learning, but I am also constantly growing along the way. Maybe in the end I will be that hero that helps others pursue dreams because three musketeers are helping me to pursue my own. God had a sense of humor in that way. But I guess it is safe to say in the Christian church, all for one and one for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment