About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Monday, October 3, 2011

A Letter To One of My Best Friends -

My dear friend,

I have been thinking, praying, and meditating on our discussion from this past week. And of course, you know that I have a few short thoughts to add.

I think a good comparison comes to play with my graduate program at Auburn. As you may remember or of course I do not mind easily reminding you of the fact, I finished with a 4.0 GPA in my graduate degree program. No one mandated that I attain this goal, but I fully knew that I was capable. While it was an individual achievement to some extent, I wanted to look back on Auburn knowing that I finished strong for Christ. I could have fizzled out my last semester with “senioritis,” but I chose not to. That is not how I operate. Two previous manic episodes had stolen a perfect GPA from my grasps, and this time I wanted to achieve perfection.

I think the same remains true to achieving Christ-likeness. I look at it like this:

A good son always wants a father to say, “I’m proud of you.”

That is what I long to hear when I die, but I do not want to run only a half-marathon when I am fully capable of running the full. Philippians 3:12-14 seems to be a Scripture that constantly comes to mind with these types of topics.

When I finish the race, I want to be exhausted knowing that I did my best.

My race reaches for the battle lines of the end days or my own final resting place when I pass away.

When I am done, dead, and exhausted, maybe, just maybe God will say. “I am proud of you.”

For once in my life, it is not about getting married. I see myself avoiding asking girls out (that does not necessarily mean I have completely fasted from my charm of flirting in Mack-mode) because I just do not want to bother with it. I want to focus on Him, and for now, I just enjoy being single. In fact, it just makes my life easier. I do not want my life to be about girls. I want it to be about pursuing Christ. When we die, marriage is not going to matter. Serving God is. I will date someone who is ministry-driven, not someone who holds me back. This includes someone we have spent many a conversation talking about. Epiphany or not, she may not be the one, but that doesn’t matter because God may see me as most effective not being consumed by some girl.

For the moment, I am focused on four things: 1.) Photography; 2.) Writing; 3.) Ministry (through a job that does not make me doubt my purpose); and 4.) Inspirational Speaking. I do not settle for less than being the best (reaching for perfection). My hopeful goal is that all of these things come to support myself and God willing, a family.

And yes, while America watches football, I may be working on another degree. I am preparing for eternity, not just tomorrow. If I ever do plant a church anywhere, be ready to move because you know that God is at work. And I will need a college/youth pastor. Remember my theme motto: be the best, or do not be on the team at all.

Just some follow up thoughts I wanted to express,

Brother Cartee

No comments:

Post a Comment