About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Thursday, February 18, 2010

The Country Version of RSS Long Songs

So if you do not like country music, I might venture to seriously ask if you are indeed a true born Yankee because you probably are. When Valentine’s Day comes around, many of us are reminded to be grateful for singles’ awareness, especially when someone cancels Valentine’s Day plans at the last minute for the best excuses heard round the world. Fortunately, a last minute cancellation has only happened once on Valentine's Day astonishingly in undue fashion a long time ago.

On a happier note, my friends and I once cooked dinner for about thirty single girls at Clemson University. We decorated a large banquet hall at a local church and performed various love-related skits, songs, recitations. As you have seen on my blog, I am a rather large fan and writer of poetry. So I quoted a few of my favorite works for my performance piece. I think that Valentine’s can be like Christmas for some people. When you are alone, it can be just a simple reminder of the pain one might feel by the fact that you are alone without friends or family physically around for often unknown reasons. For any holiday, it hurts even more when you go out of your way for someone, and he or she simple seems to have this “I do not really care attitude.” I believe that Valentine’s Day is supposed to be about genuine, sincere, servant-like love. Even though I was a crazy Freshman boy trying to make my friends feel better on Single’s Awareness Day, the thought was simply to make the girls feel special…to make them feel noticed…to remind them they are indeed beautiful in God’s eyes. Although not the norm, sometimes one might go out of his or her way to simply acknowledge a friendship in encouragement letting someone know how special they truly are. This is the agape love of an approach I hope to one day find myself in so that Valentine’s Day is not so much of a dreaded day on my calendar, becoming a distant memory of past fun times . We sometimes take things so seriously we take the fun out of cupid’s wings in the gesture of a simple thought.

Sometimes we listen to our favorite country love songs without even applying the words and lyrics to our own lives. The following are some RSS feeds regarding this topic of country love. If you would like to explore this topic in its truest First Corinthians 13 form, I would suggest listening to and/or reading some of the lyrics of this wonderfully written music. Helium lists nineteen top country love songs each with a story or article for each song that has been chosen. There is an available RSS feed icon to select so you may join the relevant feed. There is another top twenty country love song list as determined by Blake Shelton on The Great American Country Television website. There is even a live stream video of the show he did in dedication to Valentine’s Day. You may again subscribe to the RSS feeds on the nature of the topic in terms of what you are specifically interested in. Here is another blog with an entry including the music videos of love songs this particular writer has a found a unique taste for. I found his comments personally entertaining. You can subscribe to the RSS feed of RMcrayne’s country-relevant messages and topics in connection to his personal blog. Lisa L. Rollins, a predominant journalist for The Nashville Country Music Examiner, also lists through an RSS feed her “Cupid’s country countdown” ….14 of the greatest classic-country love songs of all time. If you indeed appreciate music, I believe you find some of these RSS feeds and top country love song countdown lists perhaps inspirational and invigorating to go out and find that special someone, even if you have not had much success as of recently.

The following are some recent love songs I have come across that certainly touch my inner hopeless romantic personality.

Brad Paisley sings an awesome song entitled, “We Danced.” I must say it is very euphoric in the dreamiest of senses. Here are some of the basic lyrics that tell a little bit of the story in this Strutting Duck closing type of environment.

And from that moment
There was never any doubt
I had found the one
That I had always dreamed about
And then one evenin'
When she stopped by after work
I pulled a diamond ring out of the pocket of my shirt
And as her eyes filled up with tears
She said, "This is the last thing I expected"
And then she took me by the hand
And said, "I'll only marry you on one condition"

And we danced
Out there on that empty hardwood floor
The chairs up and the lights turned way down low
The music played, we held each other close
And we danced.

Not many people especially like Vince Gill, but I find his voice soothing when I am trying to take a long nap on a rainy day. One of my favorite songs by him is called “Whenever You Come Around.” Some of the lyrics are as follows:

The face of an angel; pretty eyes that shine
I lie awake at night wishing you were mine
I'm standing here holding the biggest heartache in town
Whenever you come around

I get weak in the knees; and I lose my breath
Oh I try to speak but the words won't come
I'm so scared to death
And when you smile the world turns upside down
Whenever you come around

I feel so helpless; I feel just like a kid
What is it about you that makes me keep my feelings hid
I wish I could tell you, but the words can't be found
Whenever you come around.

On last song I cannot forget to mention by a guy by the name of Jason Aldean. He sings a famous song entitled, “She’s Country,” which may indeed drive any country boy insane. This song, on a more serious tone, touches more into the reality that a girl presents in respect to a boy’s and/or man’s heart. The song is “Truth,” and these are some of its lyrics:

Tell em all I'm on vacation,
Say I went to visit friends,
That you ain't heard or seen from me in quite a while,
When they ask you where I've been,
Tell em I'm out on the west coast where it don't ever rain,
And that I'm probably doing fine,

(Chorus)
Just don't tell em I've gone crazy,
That I'm still strung out over you,
Tell em anything you want to,
Just don't tell em all the truth,
Yeah don't tell em all the truth,

Tell em all I'm out in Vegas,
Blowin' every dollar I ever made,
Tell em that I must be into something bad for me cause,
I sure lost a lot of weight,
Tell em I'm out on the road with some old rock and roll band,
Living like a gypsy can,

(Chorus)

The truth is that I'm asking you to lie,
And we both know that it ain't right,
But if you ever loved me please,
Have some mercy on me,
Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah,

Tell em anything you want to,
Just don't tell em all the truth,
Yeah don't tell em all the truth,
I still need you,
Yeah that's the truth,
I still love you,
Baby that's the truth.

A song entitled “Then” by Brad Paisley has become one of my recent favorites. Check out the music video below.

Click here to read Helium’s article on the nineteen top country love songs of all time (http://www.helium.com/knowledge/118377-unforgettable-country-love-songs).

Click here to see Blake Shelton’s take on his top twenty favorite country love songs (http://www.gactv.com/gac/shows_spl/episode/0,,GAC_26200_61732,00.html).

Click here to read RMcrayne’s blog with his thoughts on love country music among other country aspirations (http://hubpages.com/hub/Romantic-Songs-Favorite-Country-Music-Love-Songs).

Click here to read Lisa Rollin’s piece on “Cupid country countdown” (http://www.examiner.com/x-2851-Nashville-Country-Music-Examiner~y2009m2d14-Cupids-country-countdown-14-of-the-greatest-classiccountry-love-songs-of-all-time). I think you will be enlightened by her personal selection if you are into this sort of thing.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for including my Cupid's countdown among your recommended readings on this subject. SO much appreciated, sincerely. :)

    Lisa L. Rollins
    Nashville/National Country Examiner

    ReplyDelete