About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Monday, February 1, 2010

SHE may be around the corner….

Now while I would consider these dreams genuine and definitely in the progress of attaining; it would be nice to share the world with someone for a life time. I am not necessarily looking for that person, but if it happens in His Will, then it will happen for obvious good reasons. People say the best things in life come when you least expect them. Well, we meet people when we least expect it. In everyday life, we continuously have the opportunity to meet amazing people. Now do we make it a point to interact with the world around us? Sometimes we are so busy being busy bee grad students that we forget to embrace those around us. I am about to graduate, and while I might stay in Auburn, I also may never come back, except for Homecoming, other football games of course, and prominent alumni events. The person you are meant to spend a lifetime with may be right in front of your eyes, and the funny thing is you may never even realize it. God has a sense of humor like that, I think.

I have pursued many a day in my time here on Earth, but the puzzle has never quite clicked as I have dreamed. I believe that when God is ready for the moment to happen it definitely will without hesitation, but then again my personality is to act upon my own intuition (sometimes more so than I need to). I have found several folks that have insecurities about such a direct approach, but my mentality has always been to face things straight on….to go for it….to never ever look back! Those who look back get in stuck in today’s past. I am who I am, and I am ready to share that genuine Southern gentleman persona with someone who can appreciate the God-given talents I have been given. This is my dream….to share life with someone who elevates me to levels of untouchableness because she believes in me that much. I think that is the way it is supposed to work; your best friend encourages you to levels of invisibility because my God just has that kind of radical personableness and creativity. Made in His image, I think He can handle the curiosity of those who seek Him.

We live in a very self-serving and individualistic society, but I believe that America sometimes distorts what life in general is all about. Please do not misunderstand me. America has perhaps as a country given more to the world in generosity than any other country in history. While this may sound like a very self-centered perspective, I do not think Americans are self-centered because they mean to intentionally do so. I think Americans, including myself, may be like this because our society seems to suggest this is an okay individualistic, me-on-top way to live, but when in that quiet moment of a place, something tells me something quite different to this philosophy. I believe that people are inherently meant to help each other. While I cannot theorize or explain why divorce rates in this country are perhaps more than they ever have been, if you do your very best to serve someone with all you have, with all you believe in, with everything (holding nothing back), then and perhaps only then will a life of sacrifice mean anything. You act in such a manner to achieve her dreams, and she acts in a manner to achieve yours. Instead of your own worst enemy, you each become each other’s best team mate. You score the winning shot because unselfishly you both want each other to make the winning shot. This is my dream….to meet someone who doesn’t give up on me because I would never give up on her. This is when dreams come true….when we work together to achieve them.

Poetic out,

JLC iii

5 comments:

  1. Its amazing to someone from another generation like myself, how willing you are to put yourself out there. Its actually quite inspiring. I don't think I had that courage at your age. Often times it takes many, many years and many "what ifs" for a person to come to the conclusion that what's in it for me is no way to truly LIVE LIFE.

    Your parents should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey James!

    Your blog is amazing. I enjoyed your recent post on "She may be around the corner..."

    I believe God has a sense of humor as well and the person we are meant to marry may just be right in front of us or someone we never would have imagined. It is inspiring how you wear your heart on your sleeve. I think you are a wise man and that is clearly evident in your writing and words. Thank you!

    -Hollon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri, thank you for the compliment. I genuinely appreciate your feedback and that you have read my relatively long blog entries. I believe I make the parents proud, but it is also nice to have the perspective of another parent, such as yourself. The hardest part about "She may be around the corner..." is waiting on God's timing.

    JLC iii

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hollon,

    I do not know about the wise man thing because hopefully I am not that old just yet, but I try to live my life morally in an upstanding fashion. Thank you for your kind words. I try to write with good, honest intentions being heartful at the same time. I hope it is evident that there is nothing I am trying to hide. If anything, hopefully the message will touch someone as you have said. Thank you again for reading the blog and providing meaningful feedback.

    JLC iii

    ReplyDelete
  5. James,
    I think it's fantastic that you know the type of person that you not only want to become, but also the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. While I do consider myself a bit of a love cynic, I can admire your devotion for a a relationship with Him first, then her. Good luck on your quest for true love and let me know how it all works out! Who knows, I might need your bread crumbs!!

    ReplyDelete