About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Saturday, February 6, 2010

What does it take to be noticed? Prayer for another person….

My sister recently started a blog about her baby (http://www.whattoblogwhenyouareblogging.blogspot.com/). She is about seven months along I believe. Anyway, my sister’s baby has a unique heart condition where the two upper valve chambers of the baby’s heart are not functioning correctly. I may be describing the medical complications completely incorrectly, and quite honestly, I cannot even remember the medical diagnosis because Pig Latin has never been one of my strengths as a foreign language.

Back to a more serious note, the baby has a deathly diagnosis that could lead to potentially adverse health consequences. I have been told the survival rate to live is 65% for babies with this condition.

I have a simple point to make in relation to my previous entry. In my sister’s case, her blog is meant to inform of the struggles not just with child birth but also with this profound trial of adversity. Several couples have encountered similar challenges, and perhaps her story and her boldness to write and cope will assist others with comfort and courage to face what has yet to come.

My point is that people are facing tragedies and overcoming things such as this everyday. People are encountering near-death experiences, and yet we act as if every day, one after the other, is going to be granted to us for free by Aladdin in a magic genie bottle. First of all, you need to wake and face reality if you believe this is the case. The other thing is that you should not spend your life wasting moments to “get things done,” “to be busy,” and “to take care of business.” Yes, I might agree to an extent that our lives are a never ending checklist of crap to do, but I also think there is a unique purpose to serve others while we are here. Can you imagine what my sister might think if I never thought about her, if I never prayed for her, and if I never checked in with her? In fact, I can do better than what I am currently doing. So, perhaps even in this entry, I am realizing my own inner conflict and convictions. People are dying, and you might be worried about how your hair looks today. Give me a break! Smile. Realize every breath of air is a rare gift that many people in the ground no longer get to partake in. You have one chance at this thing we call life. Perhaps say a prayer for someone who really needs it and I mean really needs it. If you are a college student, stop complaining about your class work and simply be thankful that you have class work to do. My sister’s spiritual heart and baby are turning summersaults in her internal parts. The last thing I have time to do is think about myself but rather to plead with my Knight in Shining Armor that Grace will be given and my dear little nephew’s life will be spared so that he may breath and experience the miracle of life that I personally plan on not taking for granted.

He is a good-looking little guy. Take a look these artistic black and white photos. He probably gets his amazing good-looks from his soon-to-be-uncle.






Click here for Allison’s blog, What to Blog When You are Blogging?

5 comments:

  1. Wow, James...I'm so sorry to hear that. I will definitely add your sister to my prayers. My friends had a little boy who was born with a heart condition. They found out inutero and knew he would require several surgeries. He had a few, but only lived 4 months. They too blogged about their experiences and I know their transparency helped a lot of other struggling people out there. They now have a georgous baby girl who is 5 months old and perfectly healthy. If your sister ever wants to check out their story after your beautiful nephew is born, let me know and I'll send you the link.

    Prayers! ~Jen K

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be praying for your sister and the family...I can't imagine.

    Jillian

    ReplyDelete
  3. James...wow, I never knew anything about this. I went to her blog and what an awe-inspiring couple your sister and brother-in-law are. How right you are about not wasting times on petty things.

    Your family will remain in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. To all, thank you for the valuable comments. My family and I really do appreciate your prayers and what yor considerate thoughts.

    James L. Cartee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terri, I think you are my number one blog follower. It is awesome. Thank you for continuously checking up on me. I really think you read this blog more than my natural mother does. I am about to check yours out right now as well. I will be sure to post a comment. Thanks.

    James L. Cartee

    ReplyDelete