About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The miscommunication of miscommunication…What love language are you?

I think often times we, as Christians, think we can do whatever we what without His Presence acting as an all-encompassing power behind us, but let’s be honest…nothing could be farther from the truth. Whether it is pursuing that girl you have been crazy about ever since when or buying the new Transformers Bumble-Bee Camero look-alike, some dreams and aspirations are only possible because a loving God decides to assist you in carrying out his Will. Powerfully, this morning I was awoken with a reminder of my love language through my relationship with Christ; the two of five love languages that my life and spiritual relationship successfully revolve around are affirmation and quality time. In some regards, while this is no excuse, if these two things are not being poured into, I have recently found that I can be in the worst of moods, often taking out my anger and frustration out on other people that are far from deserving such negligent treatment. Click to see Dr. Gary Chapman’s website for his world-changing philosophy on this phenomenon (http://www.5lovelanguages.com/).

You see…I am a person who thrives on open communication. When someone rejects or ignores me, it is like a dagger to my heart because it rejects this inner need of affirmation. I need people to affirm that I exist in reality by verbal acknowledgment so I myself may feel fulfilled in a relationship, friendship, or possibly more. Now where I have struggled with this recently is that I have not come to Christ for this fulfillment, and this is where some may say I have personally failed. I have been seeking affirmation fulfillments in people who may or may not understand exactly how my personality functions, or at least they may be still trying to figure all that out. I definitely owe some very dear people in my life a sincere apology for my own misunderstanding in even how my own love language and communication style work. You will continue to have miscommunications of miscommunication if you yourself do not understand how your own love languages work.

Click here to read the 5 love languages blog (http://www.5lovelanguages.com/blog/). There is also a five love languages quiz on the website if you would like to start exploring what your love language is and how your communication styles can improve with perhaps new found insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment