About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The first Bible study: God is truly incomprehensible!

While in small groups for the first night, we discuss the fact that God is truly incomprehensible to our human minds. It hurts to even think about it, right? While God’s image and glory is so unfathomable that we cannot begin to understand the fullness of His characteristics in human terms, we would shudder at even a hint of His Presence. For instance, Elijah could only encounter just the back of God within his own cognitive human mind because the power of God’s Full Glory is incomprehensible for human eyes to gaze upon. It may even be hard as you read to comprehend what I am talking about. Many of our theological thoughts are based on conversational perspectives that we hear when in reality we often rarely cite the Word directly to draw upon the characteristics of God. Citing God’s Word directly and accurately is imperative to our witness and example to others. When we cannot think of the verse, we tend to recall and remember as best as possible how some verse in some book says this, I think. Or how often do you hear people say. “The Bible says…”? Where does the Bible say what? If you are going to claim authority in the Word, then do so convincingly. Do so with conviction. As a professor might say, know what you are talking about before you talk about it. Your knowledge of the Bible reflects God’s knowledge to other people. These were some random discussion tidbits that came up tonight when in the first session of small groups.

No comments:

Post a Comment