About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Friday, March 19, 2010

Meet Team Awesome: The Best Community Group EVER! (Podcast Attached)



First of all, I just want to say that I do not know the MC. He is a little crazy just listening back on his previous statements. Like, I feel sorry for his mother. You really need to listen to this because this is hilarious! The podcast introduces the team members of our group listed here in the chronological order of this list. We all served in community outreach in one facet or another. These are the members of Team Awesome, and I have included under each name what I think is so awesome about each and every one of them.

Barclay Smith

I think it is safe to say that Barclay is a man after God’s own heart. His smile and joyful presence are intentional in every way possible to extend the Kingdom of God. Even when dehydrated by the sun (literally with an ice packet on his face lying in a garage), he still presses on to spread the Word of God without complaining or restraint. I really do admire him for what he stands for. I have posted a letter that he wrote just below this blog entry. Check it out.

Amanda Clair Rives

This girl has got some moves; she is a talented dancer on the Auburn Rhythm Hip Hop dance group. Occasionally I would see her dance to music in the background environment of a sunny day. One obvious observation that I noticed is that Amanda is very honest with her words in witnessing to other people about Christ. Like Barclay, she is very intentional; her intentions are often to express the boundless love, kindness, and giving in God’s character. She has a unique talent for touching the lives of children specifically.

Amy Harris

Born and raised in the sweet town of Vestavia Hills, Alabama, Amy seems curious to better know those around her…now that may be through people she works with or people she works to touch in spiritual outreach (i.e. on this trip, the people of Port St. Joe’s). She suspends and restrains judgment towards people. In Amy’s eyes, the Lord loves everyone, and every person is treated as if the playing field is level. Her personality is genuine and so are her attempts at touching people’s lives.

Charles Gentry

Mentioned in the podcast as a quarterback, I think this position in football accurately depicts Charles’ personality in the metaphorical sense. He is a natural leader who is good at rounding people up to go out into the field. Charles has a unique talent at observing the talents of individuals, and he likes to bring those strengths out in their best potential. He can delegate without being “bossy” but rather strategically with purpose. Charles is really good at making people feel wanted, especially by a Savior whose Love is incomprehensible. He makes others feel good by truly loving them and treating them as equals.

Becca Beers

This first thing that comes to mind with Becca is joy; she always seems happy. I do not mean happy in the annoying manner like a clown but more so in a way that rubs off on other people. Like a yawn, you cannot help but smile when you see her smile. Becca appreciates life with an enthusiastic attitude and fervor to serve others. While she very much enjoys receiving encouragement, she enjoys spreading it even more. Friendships are evidently important to her as well as the intentionality of growing in them.

Ashley Hopewell

Like Charles, Ashley played a leader in our group simply by driving us around everywhere, even if one of us just wanted a coke from the grocery store. She is authentically grateful for life, friends, and family. Ashley is extremely easy to get along with and fun to be around, especially in service functions such as this trip. When a request by a member of the suburban was made, she was open to hearing such suggestions and/or requests. She is a good listener when someone has something to say, whether the message is simple or serious in nature.

Please realize from a Communication-standpoint these are things that I observed in these people. While each person may look at each individualistic trait differently, these are strengths I encountered while spending a week and good amount of time with each and every one of them personally.

Now I recorded a little biographical segment interviewing each of these awesome people. You should totally listen to this because I truly think it is funny, but I think you will find humor and perhaps some wisdom in the words of these people. Click HERE.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome! Really enjoyed listening to that =) Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun serving with each other. Ah what a fantastic trip!

    ReplyDelete