About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Trace says, “Heads up!”

Usually at the end of each day we will have a worship gathering in the largest beach house here on the block. We will see songs together as a group, and Trace will give a short lesson. Tonight Trace asked us to pray; so everyone put their heads down in silence with eyes closed in reverence for this ritual. Trace had not finished what he was saying; so he said, “Wait, I have something else to say…Heads up!” The humor lies in the fact that he did the same thing last night and perhaps even the night before that. I have been blogging so much I have not remembered every single detail of this trip. We get ready to pray and be serious in our prayers to God, and then suddenly someone tells us to bring our heads up once again as if we were playing heads up seven up. One of the students here on the trip asked Trace, “Heads up or heads down?” before she actually put her head down tonight. So, unlike most us, she knew kind of what to expect in Trace. Maybe this is not funny to you, especially if you are Trace and you happen to be reading this right now, but perhaps you just had to be there to enjoy the moment.

This is what I love about our leader. His humor is very unique, but I believe that Trace can truly laugh at himself when something of this nature happens. He is a college minister that truly cares for those who follow him, and his care is evident in his actions, even when he tells us, “Heads up!” to tell us one more crucial thing in that night’s lesson. Thank you Trace for all you have done and for all you continue to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment