About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thoughts before the trip…

While in South America this past summer, I kept an active podcast that people could subscribe to through RSS (like ITunes). I am currently in a Social Media class, and our professor has encouraged us to post a podcast in a blog entry this week. Listen if you would to by clicking here with your mouse. The podcast is geared toward more thoughts in anticipation towards the Amplify trip to Port St. Joe’s, FL. If you are a little more traditional in your blog preferences, then read and maybe skip the podcast. Or do both. I am thankful when people simply take a few minutes to look at these entries.

I just passed my oral defense graduation exam. It is definitely one of the best feelings to know you have completed an important segment of life to move on to the next best thing. I think often times I give credit to myself individually when last semester I stayed up for at least two and half days straight (60 hours) to finish exam week and last minute grand finale projects. The reality is that I did not do it alone. The Good Lord Above was right there alongside me. While I did not always think and/or realize this obvious truth when I was sipping my third cup of coffee in the middle of a study storm, this definitely was the case with blessed protection and strength. Hopefully with intentional realization in our own minds, God brings us through hard times so that he may be glorified; this philosophical base also applies to good times as well. We have so much, and we believe we have so little. We worry when there sometimes is not much to worry about. We stress (some have that gift to never stress however alien that might be) when that only seems to make things worse. On this trip to Port St. Joe’s, God will be glorified in our actions to serve and also to enjoy His Presence through His Creation and fellowship with new friends. While I might write and challenge us as believers throughout the week, just remember that no matter whether losing or winning (even though in a sense we are always winning with Christ), God will be glorified. Sometimes I think God is glorified simply by enjoying Him and growing in relationship, which is the source of ultimate enjoyment. So enjoy God. Get a tan. And realize we are here for His glory.

2 comments:

  1. Thoughts before the trip... This being year 3 for me, I'm thrilled to see how the community of Port St. Joe continues to change from our first encounter on the other side of the tracks. The first year we were chewed out, the second year we were greeted with homecookin, and this year - who knows? Besides the community changing, I am most excited to see the FBCO college students be renewed by God's spirit. Each of us are coming down with some ounce of expectation. The Lord has great plans to reveal himself to each individual in unique and personal ways. As we serve the community I wholeheartedly believe that we will be deeply touched by a holy purpose. I pray that we catch God's vision for this trip and these people. May He receive all glory and fame through our time together, sweet reunions, late night conversations and sharing of our stories. Some personal goals are to be available and flexible for encounters and conversations; to unashamedly proclaim Christ and Him crucified; to connect with first year students; and to lose myself in light of Him. Hallelujah - this is going to be incredible!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I started a new blog called Pick Me Up, Love, Everyday - or visit margaretekloess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete