About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The van ride: What are you here for?



Okay, so the guys get into the “guys” van. Our attractive charm is obviously coming out as two girls approach the van, look in, and decide to jump into the “girls” van. This could definitely turn into one of those sixth grade dances where the guys and girls stand on opposite sides of the ballroom, staring at each other. We will see how that goes for the rest of the week. The following guys rode in a church van with me. I asked them a basic question: what are you hoping to achieve, learn, or gain from your week in Port St. Joe’s while serving in the community and worshipping God in his beautiful creation?

“I will enjoy meeting some new friends and learning some applicable things in my relationship with the Lord.”

-Luke Hanson

“I want to get more plugged in with the college ministry while serving my fellow classmates and the people in town.”

-Mack Outlaw

“I hope to witness growth in the Kingdom as well as in my own personal relationship with Christ.”

-Stephen Thurman

“Trace called me and asked me to be a construction leader, which is definitely out of my element. I am hoping to invest my time and energy into people to enhance personal relationships with others and honestly just have a lot of fun.”

-Lee Reeves

“As the old, wise man, my first goal is that everyone we come into contact with who does not know Christ will come to know Him through our involvement. My second goal is that everyone on crew eleven has so many blisters that they cannot grip a hammer upon our return back to Auburn. My wife wears the pants in the family, and she tells me what my goals are. My family hopes to start taking more mission, volunteer opportunities such as this. It is imperative that my children understand what mission and giving is truly about. My five year old daughter may genuinely know more about the Bible than myself. She tells me something new every day. She is like a sponge. If you teach a child something early, they will soak it up.”

-“Chaperone” Jonathan Tinsley

“I am single and on the market. No joke, trips like this are relationship factories. I would not be surprised if Facebook relationship statuses change hourly.”

-Anonymous

While this last person asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons, there is some truth to the comment. We will grow in relationships with people. We will get to know each other. While it may only be on a friendship level, people will grow in community with one another as we realize “we are all in this together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment