About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Sunday, January 22, 2012

1st of the last 7 – Peace Upon Us – By Design

“Then you will safely in your way, and your foot will not stumble. When you lie down, you will not be afraid. Yes, you will lie down and your sleep will be sweet.” Proverbs 3:23-24 NKJV

I am trying my very best to finish this last week with all the goals of 21 Days of Prayer that I had in mind at the very beginning. So far today, God and I are doing great, meaning that we are off to the right start. Over the past fourteen days, there were always a few days where I fell off, where I would not exercise, or I would find some excuse to not do one of the spiritual three truths, to exercise, to write, usually because I did not want to get up that early in the morning or that I did not want to stay up that late. The one thing I did not do was beat myself up. I have learned that guilt over time will destroy more than it will ever build you up. I guess it is true when someone days you are your best friend or your worst enemy.

If I ever lose sleep, it is because my mind is racing about the future, not being where I would like to be as a young professional. I do not worry about it, like fretting. I have come to grips with the fact that life is a step by step process, moving forward one minute at a time. Its takes time to get to the top. Before the age of twenty-nine, I may have even been naïve to think I would start on the top or that I would get the top easily because I know languages, have traveled the world, and got a Master’s degree. I am finding out that you have to crawl, scrape, and fight tooth for tooth and nail for nail to finish the race to do the Big Things in the States, to publish a national seller, to marry a Godly woman, to graduate with yet another credential, to start a photography business, to plant life, and to serve others through a self-initiated nonprofit….not losing vision in the discouragement of doing/facing something you do not necessarily like in the meantime. I know many of us get tired of performing tasks for the sake of paying bills, or at least I do.

I mentioned “peace upon us” because I believe it is “by design” to ask God for what we believe or see as impossible but to know deep down in our hearts that it is still possible with God in the works. The peace comes from the faith in knowing that faith factor of truth. Ask and receive. While we think it is not that easy, I am trying in 2012 to make it that way. By design, God wants to bring peace to our lives and our sleep by allowing and giving up the big things for His discretion and His timing. Confidently believing in this reality will bring the peace you may seek in knowing that God has a purpose for your life. Believe it, and do anything and everything with every tenacious bone in your body to achieve it.

Oh yeah, Aubie knows who’s number one – War Eagle, HEY!

No comments:

Post a Comment