About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Monday, January 9, 2012

Are We Wasting Time? – Day Two

I heard an incredible story through a friend’s testimony today when she asked for certain materialistic wants in faith through a simple prayer while shopping on the Internet, and within twenty-four hours God delivered ALL her desires (like enough to furnish an entire new house). Now the last thing I hope for is more stuff, but there are ambitions I hope God notices.

When you or I ask how would that happen to her and not yourself or myself, I think blind faith may have something to with it. We become jealous by those whose God’s provisions seem to divinely bless over our own. Passionately with conviction, are you wasting your time with meddling matters? My worst fear coming out of college was working a dead beat job to pay bills – while I am grateful for money in my pocket, I want to serve in a capacity where my passions are not lingering and my interests are divinely appointed to follow in suit with eternity.

Twenty-one days of prayer is not just about a proclamation for me to say, “I ran two 5 K’S, one 10 K, and twenty-one days straight in preparation for a half - marathon.” I am in some ways tired of wasting time watching television or quite frankly just doing things that have no significance. I realize God has us appointed to individuals in our place wherever we are settled, but it becomes discouraging when applying, inquiring for opportunity after opportunity only to be turned away without almost no great justification from a potential decision maker on whether you can join up or not. Many do not even bother to send you their sincere wishes in a letter format on your search to better yourself. In addition to more positions than I can really count, I have applied to churches in my own circle of faith and nonprofits who advocate for the fatherless. I want to serve God in an occupation where I do not wake up each day wondering, “Does this matter?” I do not believe that such a wish is a ridiculous thought or too much to ask God for. I often sit in prayer asking God, “What are You doing? What am I supposed to be doing?” I am looking for a sign here….something simple….not thousands of dollars of stuff to furnish a house or new apartment but somewhere doing something where I can serve God and be fulfilled doing so, using my outgoing personality traits to build relationships and somehow harness my creative genes. That is my prayer so that day in and day out I do not feel like I am wasting my/your time, my spiritual potential, and my spiritual gifts.

Again I am glad to be paid but sincerely feel that I have maxed out my potential to answer telephones, send emails, and input data entry. I surpass expectations daily with where I am in life, but the question that consumes my thoughts and cognitive processes is whether I am having an eternal difference in those lives I am supposedly changing every day. I am a great salesman, but the frank problem is that I am not selling something I even believe in. I would much rather be selling out to Jesus, saving people’s souls, and using my gifts with people to convey how much adoption is needed to save children around the world.

Do you personally feel that your life is wasting away doing something that has no significance besides a pay check? If so, ask God to open a new door, maybe He will. I know that I am begging that He does soon in my own life.

As for the goals of Day Two, Check!

No comments:

Post a Comment