About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Friday, January 13, 2012

A Toast for Jason Coffey, a true man of faith and best friend:

To my friend Jason Coffee on the best day of his life (besides the day I was born of course):

I deeply regret that I will not be in the presence with Jason tomorrow, with my only requested responsibility was not to lose the cubic zirconium ring he bought.....kidding here.

I on a twenty-one day quest to seek God and truly become the man he intends for me to be in 2012. With that commitment, I have in some ways limited travel, luxuries, treats, and extras that I would otherwise indulge in.

That being the case, I wanted to express a toast:

Jason Coffey could quite be the most honorable man I have ever met. He stands by a friend even when I am wrong or not even in my right psychological mind. His loyalty as a person does not waver even when things get hard.

If I remember correctly, I got sick from savory indulgences my freshman year at Carson Newman (I once heard they would kick you out of school for that – oh well.), my twenty-first, and my twenty-fourth birthdays. Even though irresponsible with my great decision those nights, Jason took care of me, made sure I got home, and perhaps most importantly, wanted me to have a good time....you see, that might sum up Jason. He sacrifices his wishes for the sake of others, often giving up his own desires to serve those he gives those things up for. I would say he may have even have exhausted himself physically on numerous occasions to do so, but Jason was never exhausted spiritually. His fire and hunger for Christ goes unmatched to most that I know.

I am a member of Church of the Highlands (part of the Association of Related Churches) in Birmingham, Alabama and have seen God work in brilliant ways in how this church brings salvation to thousands. I have often dreamed of such a presence in Chattanooga, Tennessee that grows at an exponential rate, saving souls, adopting orphans, empowering those with disabilities, and lifting the southeast corner of Tennessee in service for Christ unlike any place of worship ever has.

I know that Jason would the first person I would approach about such a mighty endeavor because He is THAT kind of man that God will use in extraordinary ways. Regardless of where the future takes us, I am grateful and honored to call Jason my friend and brother in Christ.

He touches the lives of every hand he shakes, and any girl would be blessed to have him. So take care of my boy!

I wish I could be in Chattanooga tomorrow and send you my best.

I am in constant prayer for you. I love you more than you may know. And as long as I am alive I will be here to serve you in any way that you may ask because after all Jason did so for me for so many years.

I heard Virginia is for lovers. I might move there so I can meet a girl like Catherine. Then I can officially move out of my parent's basement.

God Bless.

James L. Cartee III

No comments:

Post a Comment