About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Not Separate But Rather Together – Days 3 and 4

So yesterday was not my most successful triumph in terms of my 21 day goals. I needed some time to have fun – I exercised bowling seven games alone (kind of took a sabbatical to spend a few hours by myself) and thoroughly enjoyed the leisurely activity of reflection and the sound of pins falling. Before my fast to exercise twenty-one straight days, I certainly would have exercised much less with no movement on the front side whatsoever….just settling for the desk duties of a cubicle each day. So bowling as a legitimate sport was legitimate exercise in my mind. I did however forget about the blog entry or my daily discipline to write. So I decided to combine two blog entries into one here. I have stayed on track and committed to The Big 3 in terms of my spiritual disciplines. I have a logical manner in which I memorize Scripture through note cards day by day working through different verses for each day of the week. Slowly the scriptures start adding up as you continue to add different passages of memory.

While I was at my desk reading through another scripted conversation with yet another student, I was thinking about my New Year Happiness Project goals and how I was going to accomplish all such tasks and things by myself, and then the titled subject entered my mind, “Not separate but together.” How many times do you imagine trying to achieve goals by yourself without God like I can actually publish a book with a major contract or get a promotion without God in the picture? That almost sounds ridiculous just writing such a thought knowing the love I have in my heart for Jesus Christ. As believers, we do not exist alone as individuals. We exist together as Christ enters us when we confess to believe in His Name accepting in the faith that we stand in. Christ within us gives us the ability to become great! Everyone at some point in their life needs the assistance of someone to do something. Even if you lead a team, you depend on the team to follow your instructions as you lean into members to commit to whatever transpires. As Christians, we commit to each other to assist in whatever ways possible, but it is Christ in us that compels, gives strength, motivates, inspires, and ultimately leads us to succeed, to never back down, and to finish the race strong.

We measure success and triumphs on individual measures, but while God tests me in the immediate moment within the present, He reminds me that to move on it is not by my own measure and earthly efforts but rather us together through His infinite blessings and His Grace. In the end, we all end up in the same place anyway, together with Christ – again to die is gain! For if you believe (another friendly reminder here), you might find that together nothing is impossible with Christ. Dare to believe, and dare to achieve together in relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment