About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Monday, January 23, 2012

Which Land Is Easier - Overseas or Here in the United States?

2nd of the Last 7

This thought often crosses my mind in regards to faith, whether we as Americans (or politically correct, United States citizens) have it so good when we have it so comfortable. Opportunities are ample for us. While there might be some repercussions my parents do not necessarily support because they do not want me to live at home forever, even though I would be totally cool with that, I could quit my job and do almost whatever I put my mind to. It may not be the most responsible thing to do, but over time with the support of my own network of friends and family, it might be doable! We are very blessed but also very naïve at the same time. We worry about really dumb miscellaneous petty thoughts like what a person thinks when we first meet, what I will order for dinner at a sit-down restaurant, or perhaps “I do not like the way that preacher talks; therefore I will not go to his church anymore.”

I am not sure such choices are so eternally good for us. We become picky. We become fickle. We in many ways really never have it that hard compared to so many countries around the world. Our stomachs are often full with a Crackle Barrel breakfast. Our gas tanks are filled so we can go to work to make a decent living. We go to school to make more money over time to be more comfortable with more things, more ambitions, and more goals all the while forgetting about our brothers and sisters in Christ who have absolutely NOTHING! ….yet we marvel at their faith on how they praise the name of God as loud as a tractor trailer passing on the freeway. Such individuals have audacious faith that have been challenged with no food, with no clothing, with no medicine, or with nowhere to sleep – they have no other option than to depend on God. They just do.

I even catch myself complaining about the stupidest circumstances when things really are great! Our God has given us so much that we should praise Him before things get to the point of desperation where we must come to Him. We should praise Him all the more because things are good. You might even find yourself receiving more blessings when you praise God for the blessings you already have!

I often hear about individuals who come home from overseas projects and missions trips with changed lives because of the other side of life they always knew about but never bothered to open their eyes to (consciously knowing in the back of their mind that people died of starvation or leprosy). I would encourage anyone to go overseas that has not already been there (in an Eastern culture where hardship is prevalent). See others who must become desperate for God in their desperate circumstances because they have no other option than to believe right now!

I admire the believer who has a yearning to worship and praise God genuinely without life-changing circumstances. Those rare people do not complain. They just believe, and as others in dire need believe in countries, that is how I want to believe. That is how I want to live. I have seen the world and thus benefitted from it, but in the New Year, I am pursuing God just because I want to, not because I need to or have to out of desperate and extreme measures. I am desperate for God simply because He loves me, and beyond that, like my open-eyed brothers and sisters in other countries, I realize that is the only passion that truly matters, the sacrifice of a Son on the Cross.

No comments:

Post a Comment