About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Nothing is Impossible with God – The First Day

I am in a year of transition I feel sometimes every day. I continue to explore my interests in writing, photography, and different facets of ministry. As I was running about three miles today, I felt as if God was pulling the anxieties and worries off my mind. Sometimes I love to run. Sometimes I really hate it. I always like the feeling that I have accomplished exercise; the afterwards feelings are always feelings of triumph. There is just something engrossing (feel bloated like a big bouncy ball) about eating a whole box of Cheezits or pizza. I have some pretty ambitious dreams if I continue to pursue the direction I am going, and I felt God’s Spirit consistently assured me the last mile and half of my jog, “Nothing is impossible with me,” (meaning God in the first tense). That thought came across my mind at least 60 to 70 times….that question was so potent I could feel God’s Spirit as my thoughts melted in the path behind my feet. While running is often a pain, there is something about the cleansing of the body that is just healthy.

I love to sleep, but I also believe that the Devil uses this desire against me to take a quick nap rather than spend an hour with God. I just read a verse of warning in Proverbs that if a man does not work he does not eat and therefore remains hungry; the writer of Proverbs encourages us to wake up! Often times the feelings (speaking of emotions) of motivation do not seem potent within my heart for the purpose that I know God has bestowed upon my dreams….or at least in the direction I am seeking in Him. If you truly believe that NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE WITH GOD, don’t you think that would be enough motivation for you? Sometimes I get caught up with whether I can run 21 days straight, finish my book, and accomplish the Big Three while spending valuable time with God unlike I have many years past, just getting by at times. But as I jogged, God constantly showed me a movie scene from Facing the Giants. You can view those scenes in the YouTube videos below. But I must ask myself and you as the reader, “What is impossible with God?” Is anything truly impossible with God? Just the thought of the reality send chills up my back. Nothing, absolutely nothing is impossible with God in your heart and your dreams to touch lives for his eternal purpose for your life. First and foremost, we live in the United States. Many of us have been given the blessings to accomplish dreams (great educational institutions, supportive networks, an income of some kind even if minimum wage, transportation public or private, medicine, etc.). We have been given the blessings and tools to change lives and perform God’s work on national and international scales. So I ask you repeatedly, “What is impossible with God?” What do you hope to spend your life doing? What do you believe God will have you to accomplish? What is impossible with God?

Regardless of church affiliations, ethnic differences, and/or personal blockades on how you feel about someone, nothing is impossible with God. Whatever appears in front of you as impossible, know that through God anything is doable.

No matter whether we win or lose for 2012, let’s remember that our intentions should be to glorify God. No matter what happens, let’s glorify God! And as you point your hands to the sky in praise, you will realize that nothing is truly impossible in Jesus’ Name.

So as God asked me during my jog over and over and over again,

What is impossible with God?

What is impossible with God?

What is impossible with God?

What is impossible with God?

What is impossible with God?

With the faith of a mustard seed, I finally said in response, “Nothing.”





No comments:

Post a Comment