About Me

My photo
I am one of the most random people you may ever meet. I do my best to enjoy life in general, and I try to be content with what God has blessed me to have in my life. I am a blunt, honest individual that will give you an honest opinion if asked. Relationships are the most important things in my life. I am concerned with only the opinions of close friends, family, and other close relations of people who care about me. Otherwise, I tend to not care what other people think of me. I am not here to please the world. I am on this planet to serve others in hopes that God finds favor with my efforts to do so at the end of my Earthly existence. I am a good-natured person that lives for the moment. Even though not always successful, I try to look at things in a positive light with a productive attitude and world view. I am thankful for each breath that I take because each breath that is taken is a blessing in of itself. Make the most of what you can while you can. You get one chance at this thing called life. So try your best to Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever. If you have any questions about me or my BLOG, don't hesitate to ask, and I will give you a straightforward answer.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Discover your second wind! What others think no longer matters.

WARNING: This picture is a joke. I have no idea whether this stuff even works....but for the sake of sanity, realistically, probably not.

I started writing tonight, really writing. That is an extremely good thing. It have been awhile since I was plagued with true and lame writer’s block.

I read a quote recently in a bathroom (like that makes it totally legitimate right?) that said something like: “Most give up on their first breath before they realize they have a second.” I think that might be true for many of us on our dreams. We put down those dreams. We give up. We make excuses. We pay bills. We exist. We survive.

Today I gave up in a spiritual still giving my best. I almost took a nonchalant attitude, like I did not care about the results. Instead of living tight within my own skin, I relaxed, just kind of going along with the day instead of stressing trying to make the day go in a certain direction. We can control the direction of the car, but God will ultimately control the weather.

In order to continue my big book (the memoir about living with bipolar disorder), I needed to have closure. I made two decisions recently that brought closure on certain things. I will perhaps make a third soon as well, walking away from something that has not fulfilled me for quite some time now. Life is too short to put up with it.

As someone who thrives on productivity, I often stress deadlines to have so much of something done by a certain date. A good book sometimes takes several years, but if it reaches over 50,000 individuals, then we are cooking with grease. Time is not a stressor unless you make it one.

I just got done reading an article on a blog on the difference between nice guys and jerks – it is obvious jerks tend to not care what others think of them. I am not suggesting you become a jerk with women, but if the only person you seek to please is God in an audience of One, then the rest should take care of itself. I think seeking the counsel of others is extremely wise, but I also think sometimes you must make your own decisions and face whatever lies in front of you, sometimes alone with God without worrying what others think. I have a friend that always reminds me, “If you only fear God, what else is there to fear?” ……makes sense I think!

I am a writer who wants to be a national speaker and author for Christ and ministry purposes. I am a photographer studying intensely in night classes. I am a faithful follower and believer. I am constantly networking and applying for new opportunities so I can pursue a day job that not only pays the bills but fulfills the passions within my heart. I am driving the car forward, and it is just a matter of time before God shows me a rainbow.

Stay perseverant until you feel that second wind! You can, and God will pick you up when the time is right!

No comments:

Post a Comment